The Pre-Sales Engineer will serve as a customer facing technical expert for HopeRun’s engineering services and product offerings focused on pre sales engineering and partners with the Sales Account Executive. This position reports to the VP of Engineering. Success in the role requires an organized, team player, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with a focus on improving the customer experience. Needs to orchestrate responsive, comprehensive and compelling solutions that clearly address customer business challenges to differentiate HopeRun from the competition to advance sales and create highly satisfied customers.
Job Location: Burlington, MA
• Develop relationships with customers and vendors to better understand customer needs and expand the reach of possible solutions
• Provide thought leadership as it pertains to the technical aspects of proposed solutions for customers.
• Qualifying opportunities and defining the level of compatibility between HopeRun’s services and products and customer’s technical requirements.
• Scope, create and deliver technical presentations/demonstrations and solution recommendations to prospects and customers that creatively address customer value chain and business requirements
• Conduct technical assessment to document existing environment and define customer requirement specifications; Gather technical information and create workflows and Statement of Work.
• For each prospect, identify potential weaknesses, product gaps, and evolution challenges in terms of capacity and functionality.
• Lead the development and generation of the technical portion of formal sales proposals to ensure accuracy
• Lead the technical portion of the Proof of Concept; Scopes the technical portion of POC; Creates detailed test plan and schedule of events; Conducts POC per the SOW and leads the execution of the test plan; Assists in the presentation of findings and reiterates solution benefits; Presents to both technical and executive levels as required
• Develop in depth knowledge of the competitive solutions in our marketplace and how they compare with HopeRun’s services and product offering
• Answer and write proposal responses to RFP and RFI’s.
• Assist with integrations and relationship building with third party solution vendors to facilitate the delivery of complete and seamless end-to-end solutions.
• Identify opportunities to expand HopeRun’s footprint in existing customers and create and execute plan to capture incremental revenues.
• Ensure smooth hand-off of projects to Post Sales team.
• Gather information from customer about our delivery and provide feedback to Customer Solution and engineering teams and propose quality improvement solutions.
• Builds customer loyalty through being a trusted advisor; Partners effectively with others in the account to ensure problem resolution and customer satisfaction
• Prioritize tasks to optimize coverage of all parallel go-to-market activities
• Partner with Product Marketing and Engineering to provide input concerning current and future products.
• Identifying industry trends; determining system improvements; implementing change.
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional networking events.
• Creating marketing material to support sales though presentations and website development and optimization.
• Supporting marketing activities by attending trade shows, conferences and other marketing events.
• Making technical presentations and demonstrating how a product meets client needs.
• Liaising with other members of the sales team and other technical experts.
• Helping in the design of custom-made products.
• Providing training and producing support material for other members of the sales team
• Bachelor degree in Computer Science with previous pre-sales/sales engineer experience is required.
• Minimum 5 years of experience in pre sales engineering for in software development, IT or technical consulting industry.
• Technical and solution experience in embedded, mobile solution, web development and software engineering. Experience in vertical industry preferred in telematics, IT consulting, unified communication, and M2M communication.
• Experience in multiple Hardware and Software environments.
• Proven ability to add positive value to consultative multi-skilled teams consisting of customers and third parties
• Ability to formulate a plan of attack involving multiple people and organizations, and then follow through with that plan.
• Must have a strong customer service orientation, a strong sense of initiative and positive attitude, and a collaborative working style
• Excellent relationship-building, communication (written/verbal), presentation and negotiation skills are required
• Strong analytical skills with ability to assess issues and drive resolutions
• Harnesses conflict creatively as an opportunity to better understand and/or improve a situation or relationship, and effectively resolves outstanding issues
• Proven track record of creating and driving processes and the use of structured methodologies, while maintaining creativity
• Able to handle a fast paced environment and continuously re-prioritize while maintaining a constant focus on closing deals
HopeRun Technology Corporation (HRTC), a technical consulting firm provides full technical solutions on technology consulting, application services, systems integration, product engineering, custom software development, maintenance, independent testing and validation services, IT infrastructure services and business process outsourcing. For more information about HRTC, please visit: www.hoperun.net
To apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org